Both news about Thornton, and news about additions to this website.
- The FA has changed its website so none of the links to future matches work. I’ll sort it out over the weekend.
- The latest crime reports (car crime, burglary and attempted burglary) received from Online Neighbourhood Watch are listed in Crime Reports and Information.
- Details of the Royal British Legion, Thornton Branch, now entered in Clubs and Organisations
- The Crime Prevention advice and warnings about scams, which were previously on a separate page (Crime Prevention) have now been combined with Crime Reports and Information in date order. The Crime Prevention page has been deleted, and Crime Reports and Information now replaces Crime on the Menu.
- Thanks to Thornton Antiquarians, details of more names on the War Memorial added. Still more researh to do.
Fraudsters send out letters claiming to be from the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau in Crime Reports and Information.
- 4 more local crimes from online Neighbourhood Watch see Crime Reports and Information.
- Advice from Neighbourhood Watch on securing your home and car, plus one new crime report in Thornton, in Crime Reports and Information.
- A new page on Thornton Comunity Library
- News about scams about Student Loans and Pensions, CeX’s hacked email addresses, and Identitity theft listed in Crime Reports and Infornation
- News about the latest Grant round from the Safer Communities Fund, and other interesting information in the September newsletter of the Police and Crime C0mmissioner in Crime Reports and Information.
- 3 recent local crimes reported in Crime reports and Information
- Autumn embroidery and singing workshops at South Square added to Whats On each day
- Drama classes for ages 3 to 10 and 11 to 16 added to What’s on each day and to Regular events by day of the week, and by type of event
- Gig by International singer/songwriter, and one-time Thornton resident. Vincent McCallum, added to What’s On each day for October 7th.
- Outline details and link to a workshop at Plenty in the Square on Preserving the Harvest: See What’s on Each Day on September 25th evening
- Police crime prevention information about Thefts from cars added to Crime Reports and Information.
- Information about “Make a scarf workshops” added to the What’s on Section, and details of Stash Fine Yarns to the Business Directory
- Alert from Action Fraud on fraudsters claiming to be from HMRC, in Crime Reports
- 2 gigs added to the What’s on each day page
- Details of men commemorated on the war memorial plaque, formerly in the now demolished Sacred Heart RC Church, added to the Thornton War Memorial and War Graves page.
- Changes made to the Bradford Council’s Development Plan page, to update current information about the progress on land allocations (slow). and to note that the Council has adopted the Core Strategy
- Changes to the local bus numbers and links to the new timetables on the Home page
- 1 new Planning application and 2 planning decisions added
- 2 recent crimes added to Crimes report and information
- More planning applications and planning decisions added.
- Details of all meetings of Thornton Antiquaran Society meeting now uo-to-date until the end of December 2017. They wiill also put in the What’s On each day section soon.
- Details of the Fifa World Cup Lottery scam published in our Crime Reports and Information page
- 2 bew crimes reoirted in Crime Reports and Information
- Ransomeware, phishing and spamming awareness. Information from Online Neighbour Watch, now in Crime Reports and Information
- 2new crimes in Crime Reports and Information
- 2 new Events in What’s On Each Day, a quiz on 7 July, a Fermentation Workshop on 17 July
- The list of speakers at Thornton Antiquarians’ meetings are due to be listed on Wednesday of Thursday.
- New events added are 29/30 July Scooter meet at the Rock and Heifer, 26 August Thornton Street Market, and 2 gigs at the New Tyke, September 9, Northern Soul and Tamla Motown, and December 16 The Ultimate ’80s Party. All in What’s On each day
- 1 new crime listed in Crime Reports and Information
- 2 events added to What’s on each day
- Events added, plus one new planning application.
- Apperance of the website slightly changed, using a different WordPress theme (Misty Lakes). The green of hypertext links is slightly different, but that is Misty Lakes standard colour, so it will save hours inputting new information.
- Planning Applications, (2 applications and one decision (refusal)), added; the newly elected Member of Parliament added; 2 Crime reports added; What’s On brought up to date, (some additional events are to be added very soon)
- Latest crime reports and crime prevention advice is now on Crime Reports and Information
- A warning from On-line Neighbourhood Watch about Smishing (phishing by text messages) is in our Crime Prevention Section
- The Public Meeting about Thornton and Denholme Medical Practice,has been moved from 6th June to 26th June. Same time and location – see our WHAT’S ON each day page
- Thornton in Bloom need help in planting out bedding plants in ‘public’ flower beds, and troughs on Saturday 27 May. see our WHAT’S ON each day page
- Details of 2 more crimes, notified by Online Neighbourhood Watch, listed on Crime Reports page
- 2 more Planning Applications added.
- Persons nominated for election in the General Election in our area have now been added to the Information and Public Bodies section (Under Member of Parliament)
- 4 more burglaries addred to Crime Reports
- Childcare, Childminders, and Nursery Education is being moved from the Business Directory to Information and Public Bodies
- A new planning application listed.
- The results of 2 planning applications updated (one granted, one refused) now given.
- Thornton Library started being managed and staffed by volunteers.
- 2 more crimes in Crime Reports
- 2 new planning applications added. Both referring to the same premises.
- One crime added to Crime Reports
- Sapgate Gardens Association details are now in our Clubs and Organisations Section
- British Summer Time starts on Sunday, 26 March, morning when 1am becomes 2am British Summer Time.
- The Tour de Yorkshire stage timings have been published (subject to change and the weather). They are estmated to be passing through Keelham at betwteen 2.31 and 2.43 and Queensbury between 2.34 and 2.47.
- 5 new crimes reported by Neighbourhood Watch see: https://thorntonbd13.wordpress.com/crime-reports-and-information/crime-reports-4/
- Football result: Thornton United 3 – 3 Holmfirth Town FC
- 1 new planning application added to Planning Applications page
- Football result: Wibsey 0 – 4 Thornton United
- A planning application at 1 Lower Kipping Lane BD13 3JT for Replacement of sash windows with double glazing – original appearance maintained has been granted.
- Information about Thornton Viaduct now added to the Places section.
- A Facebook post by Clive Richardson, our website compiler: “An update on Thornton Library. There is a small steering group which meets frequently, of which I’m a member. The last day the library will be staffed by Council staff is Saturday April 1st. The steering group hope to open the library, staffed with volunteers, on April 4th. There are 2 volunteer co-ordinators whose training starts this week. I am one of them. We plan to contact those others who have volunteered within the next 9 days.”
- A burglary from 6th March added. See CRIME REPORTS
- 2 more crimes in Thornton, reported by Neighbourhood Watch, added to CRIME REPORTS
- Football result: Thornton United 11-2 Bradford Pheonix.
- Football result: Thornton United 3rds 9-2 AFC Titans 2nds.
- Football result: Thornton United 8-0 Westbrook YMCA.
- Planning Application at 1 School Green Avenue BD13 3DF has now been granted. See PLANNING APPLICATIONS for further details