- Holds meetings, normally with speakers, on Wednesdays throughout the year at 2pm, normally at Thornton Community Centre, Market Street. All are welcome. Their programme of events is shown below.
- Has an archive of photographs, drawings, maps, and research findings on the local history of Thornton The archive is viewable at South Square by arrangement, contact email@example.com (Updated 2nd August 2019)
- Some individual members do research into different aspects of local history in Thornton and some present their findings at meetings of the Society.
- Hold a Local History Exhibition, normally on the last Saturday of June, at Thornton Methodist Church, from 11am to 4pm.
- A large model of the former Thornton Railway Station was on display at the 2019 exhibition. The photo shows part of the model.
Thornton Antiquarian Society …….programme to follow